Businesses in Stevenage invited to apply for grant
Stevenage Borough Council's application form for the Government ‘Local Restrictions Support Grant’ (LRSG) is live on their website!
See below for the information provided by SBC as to eligibility:
At the start of the second national lockdown, (Thursday 5 November 2020), local businesses who have been ordered to close for four weeks may be eligible for a Government grant of up to £3,000.
The Local Restrictions Support Grants (LRSG ) which helped businesses ordered to close in local tier 3 lockdowns, is now available for businesses required to close in national measures.
Which businesses will benefit?
A business may be eligible if it :
- Occupies a property and has liability for business rates
- Has been required to close from 5 November 2020, following the second national lockdown and was trading up to this date
- Has been unable to provide its usual in-person customer service from its premises
Businesses will not be eligible if:
- It has been able to continue to operate during lockdown because it does not depend on providing direct in-service services from its premises
- Has reached the state aid limits (the national business support grant counts towards state aid.) If you have reached the limit , you may still be eligible for funding under the Covid-19 Temporary Framework rules where the limit is €800,000
- Businesses that were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking off notice has been made at the date of local lockdown
- For properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or under, the grant is £1,334 per 28 day qualifying restriction period
- For properties with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 the grant is £2,000 per 28 day qualifying restriction period
- For properties with a rateable value of £51,000 or over grant will be £3,000 per 28 day qualifying restriction period
Please note: due to the checks SBC need to carry out, there may be a short delay in issuing payments to eligible businesses
To access this grant support, complete the application form here: https://services.stevenage.gov.uk/~?a=local-lockdown-grant
Apply ASAP to ensure you’re able to access this grant at the earliest opportunity.
You might also like…
Updated News: Celebrating small businesses in Stevenage, the Small Business Saturday Bus visits TOMORROWNov 13, 2017
Looking for a workspace?