Omicron Business Support Grant.
Watford Borough Council have announced details of discretionary one-off grants of up to £3,000.
Watford Borough Council have announced details of discretionary one-off grants of up to £3,000 for Covid-19 affected ventures that do not pay commercial rates.
As a Wenta tenant, the Omicron Business Support Grant (OBSG) may be of interest.
Key Eligibility (selected details):
- In the hospitality, leisure and accommodation sectors that do not pay business rates, which would otherwise have been eligible for OHLG, but have fixed rental costs for business premises
- In the close contact sector, e.g. hairdressers, barbers
- In the travel and tourism sector, including group travel, travel agents, tour operators, coach operators
- In the events sector, including wedding industries, nightclubs, theatres.
- Supply the hospitality, and leisure sectors, and trade over 50% of their turnover in those sectors, e.g. wholesalers, breweries.
- English language schools
- Were trading on 30 December 2021 and continue to trade today
- Have experienced a fall in income as a result the impact of the Omicron variant
- Have fixed rental costs for the use of business premises.
How much will you receive?:
- For business occupying property with a fixed annual rental cost of £15,000 or less, a one-off payment of up to £1,000
- Over £15,000 and less than £51,000: a one-off payment of up to £2,000
- fixed annual rental cost of £51,000 or above, a one-off payment of up to £3,000.
- Does not occupy premises within business rates-paying premises
- Has received an Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant or Omicron Home Business Support Grant (or ineligible for both)
- Is in administration, insolvent, has been struck off the Companies House register, or is subject to a striking-off notice or under notice
- Has exceeded the permitted subsidy allowance.
For further details, please click here.