Supporting businesses since 1983

Payroll: Annual reporting and tasks Part 4 Giving employees their P60

As part of PAYE modernisation, P45s and P60s have been abolished and replaced with an online system.

For the year 2019 and in future, you no longer get a P60 at the end of the year. Instead, an Employment Detail Summary will be available to you through Revenue’s myAccount service.

An Employment Detail Summary contains details of your pay as well as the income taxPRSI and Universal Social Charge (USC) that has been deducted by your employer and paid to Revenue. It also records your Local Property Tax (LPT) deductions (if you choose to have the LPT deducted from your pay).

Giving Employees a P60

Give a P60 to all employees on your payroll who are working for you on the last day of the tax year (5 April). The P60 summarises their total pay and deductions for the year.

You must give your employees a P60 by 31 May.

If payroll software does not automatically produce P60s you can order copies from HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

If you need to change a P60

Give your employee either a:

  • new P60 marked ‘replacement’ - this can be paper or electronic
  • letter confirming the change

For Step 5 in this process click here

Source: GOV.UK

Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.


Got a business question?

We're here to help. Get in touch.  

Book your free appointment below:

Cookie Policy

We use cookies. See our Cookie Policy