Is this course right for me?
This training course is for anyone who is thinking of starting their own business or has recently set one up. It is an introduction to understanding and managing the finances of a business. No previous knowledge of bookkeeping or accounting is required. This is a general course, not aimed at accountants or bookkeepers.
What will I learn?
- How to register as either a sole trader or a limited company.
- How to keep the right financial records for tax returns and accounts.
- How Tax, VAT and National Insurance work.
- How to forecast your cash flow.
- What sources of funding are available.
- What ‘allowable business expenses’ are.
- How to find the appropriate financial software.