The following questions are prompted to help you make a plan to improve your wellbeing:
- What foods give me the right energy for my working day?
- What food or drink makes me feel tired?
- How can I make it easy to establish and keep good habits around what I eat?
- How can I make it more inconvenient to eat unhealthy foods or drink too much coffee?
- How can I build more movement into my working day?
- How can I make sure I take breaks and get some exercise?
- Can I build more movement into my commute?
- What types of exercise do I enjoy? And can I make it a more regular habit?
- What are my main sources of stress?
- Which stressors can I do something about?
- What can I do to recover from stressful feelings? i.e. exercise, meditation, talking to people, taking a break to do something else.
- Am I getting enough sleep?
- Which relationships at work make me feel stressed or anxious?
- Does anyone drain my energy?
- How can I avoid feeling drained or stressed when interacting with certain people?
- Is there a way I can change the dynamics of a relationship by behaving differently myself?
- Do I need to increase my understanding of others and how they like to work?
- Am I clear about my priorities?
- Are there any tasks I don’t actually need to do at all?
- Is there anything that can be delegated?
- Are there any tools which would minimise my workload?
- Am I organised enough to be clear about what needs to be done each day?
- Am I realistic about what can be achieved each day?
- Are there any habits I have which are unhelpful? E.g checking social media too much; drinking too much coffee
- Can I try replacing them with more helpful habits?
- How can I make it easier to keep to my new habits? E.g. buying healthy snack to bring to work; switching off my phone or blocking time-wasting websites.
- Am I in the right job?
- Do my values align with what the company is aiming to do?
- Am I using my skills?
- Am I spending much more time alone or with other people than is ideal for me?
- Do I feel like I am progressing towards something?
- Am I learning and developing in my career?
8) Work environment
- What are my main distractions at work? How can I minimise them?
- Can I be flexible about where I work? Perhaps moving to different locations for creative work or something that requires concentration?
- Can I save time on commuting by working at home or somewhere nearby?
- Can I make any small changes to make my work environment more comfortable or productive?
You may now want to complete your own action plan like the example below: