Who are we and what do we do?
Wenta is a local, not for profit, social enterprise for Watford that provides free, inclusive employability and self-employment skills and advice to local residents and businesses. Through our social enterprise, we aim to deliver the UK’s most successful, inclusive support and advice to people considering, starting, and growing their own business. Our ‘zero barrier’ services aim to support the local economy by:
- Providing free skills training to those looking to ‘upskill’ or become self employed
- Providing free advice to help business to start, survive, re-build or grown their business – creating new jobs in the local area.
We are excited to collaborate with Watford Borough Council in a programme where we will be able to identify Watford residents and businesses that are needing new employability skills or advice to help accelerate their recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. This, in turn, will support them in their growth and employability prospects – driving wider economic growth for Watford.
Key Purpose of Role
- To identify and support Watford residents and businesses that need immediate support to enable their business and/or employment status to survive.
- To identify and support business owners and employees that require re-skilling, advice, and guidance to ensure their business can recover in a more resilient way.
- To identify growth business that are looking to expand and provide new jobs in Watford.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to:
- Act as a first point of contact to incoming enquiries and provide a basic level of business advice in support of our Business Advisors.
- Manager clients through their journey linking them with the most appropriate training, skills development and/or support for their business.
Key outputs for this programme:
- 1000 enquiries from Watford businesses/people (enterprises requiring business advice and support).
- 450 hours of face-to-face advice with Watford businesses/people.
- 45 Watford businesses/people receiving intensive support (over 4 hours of support from the programme).
- 150 Watford businesses/people attending our programmes webinars and workshops.
- 450 conversations with Watford businesses (light touch, less than 1 hour of advice and support).
- 22 hours of specialist advice and support delivered by programme partners to Watford businesses/people.
Key responsibilities of role
- Provide excellent service to all clients in line with company standard.
- Answer incoming business advice enquiries through multiple communication and digital channels (phone, email, Live Chat and Microsoft Teams) and diagnose the client’s requirements.
- Provide information to the client on the various Wenta programmes, the support on offer and provide a basic level of business advice and/or signposting.
- Book appointments for clients into relevant colleagues’ diaries.
- Keep the company’s CRM system up to date with accurate and quality client information, including personal information, notes and updating the journey.
- Refer clients to partner organisations and maintain a record of the clients’ journey.
- Maintain knowledge with the latest funding, Government guidance and business advice topics.
- Develop and expand a database of key contacts and professionals (partners) who can offer expert business advice to our clients.
- To account manage clients in order to provide the highest quality service and to track their journey effectively.
- To monitor funded contract outputs to gauge project compliance and success.
- To use the CRM system to report data.
- To collate and store documents in accordance with project and contract requirements.
- To work as part of a team with all staff to meet Company objectives.
- To operate a Code of Confidentiality and impartiality at all times. To remain independent from any client’s business ventures with no direct involvement.
- To meet and maintain all standards of quality as required contractually by Wenta and as stated in the Wenta Client Charter.
- To attend and contribute to the various internal and external meetings and to be involved in other Agency activities as requested by Wenta.
The list of above duties is not exhaustive, and the Programme Navigator may be required to adapt in order to respond to our clients’ requirements and demands and when requested by their line manager.
Candidates are asked to submit:
- A covering letter in support of your application expressing your interest, your availability/notice period and why you think you would be particularly suited to the role of Programme Navigator at Wenta.
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
Please return these documents to Parvena Begum, HR Advisor: [email protected]
- Closing date for applications: 25th September 2020
- Interviews will take place from week commencing 28th September 2020
What's in it for you?
Working at Wenta
Passion runs in the blood of Wenta employees. We are a team of passionate do-gooders, inspired to help small businesses and entrepreneurs reach their potential. Work alongside other motivated people who care about making a difference and achieving a shared vision.
- Social events
We’re a friendly bunch at Wenta. We hold at least one Wenta social event every year, be it a Christmas party or summer BBQ. In addition, our teams have regular social events as well as frequent community events which are great opportunities to meet, and network with, our customers and colleagues.
- Holidays! And Benefits
8 bank holidays per year plus 25 days of annual holiday which includes a closed office over the Christmas period. Plenty of time to rejuvenate and relax. We also provide Life Assurance (2 x annual salary), pension, season ticket loans, professional subscriptions, eye tests, flu vaccinations and recruitment referrals payments to name a few.
- Training and development
We are committed to the ongoing training and development of all our employees and employees have access to our Wenta training courses too. We invest in our people and our people invest in us.
- Strong leadership
We are led by a strong board of non-executive directors who are dedicated to making a difference to the small business community. Each an expert in their particular field, our board has a comprehensive variety of expertise and ensures Wenta’s social purpose is first and foremost in everything we do.
- Making a difference
Be part of a social enterprise that changes people’s lives. Working at Wenta, you will be helping passionate entrepreneurs and start-ups make their dreams come true; it’s a special vision to be a part of and Wenta is a special place to work.