Who are we and what do we do?
Wenta is a local, not for profit, social enterprise for Watford that provides free, inclusive employability and self-employment skills and advice to local residents and businesses enterprises. Through our social enterprise, we aim to deliver the UK’s most successful, inclusive support and advice to people considering, starting, and growing their own business.
Key Purpose of Role
To support the delivery of the Wenta strategy by providing high quality advice and support to Wenta’s line managers and CEO, creating a high performing organisation across our people and systems.
Objectives of Role
To support the provision of high levels of engagement and performance across the staff team through the implementation of the strategic plan. To lead and manage the operational HR transactions using a cloud-based HR system and digital phone app. To support high quality recruitment processes and develop and implement strategies that lead to a happy, engaged and successful staff team.
Recruitment & Selection
- Responsible for the end to end recruitment process
- Overall responsibilities for advertising and filling vacancies both internally and externally.
- Conduct and oversee the interview process to ensure compliance with employment legislation.
On Boarding, Learning & Development
- Coordinating induction for new starters in collaboration with line managers
- Set and monitor the training budget for all staff across Wenta with the Director of Finance and Operations
- Analysing and creating learning and development plans from staff appraisals and the organisational strategy
- Supporting line managers to ensuring individual development plans are being monitored and actioned and that appraisals and performance reviews with staff are conducted in line with policy and process.
- Ensure annually, that all Company policies are kept up to date and are in line with current employment legislation
- Ensure salaries and benefits are competitive and look at creative ways of rewarding staff.
- Supporting the process of continuous improvement through pay, reward, benefit and performance strategies
- Supporting the production of staff awaydays and activities
- Enhancing staff communications through the use of digital platforms.
- Administration of all leavers and joiners to the staff pension scheme and dealing with employee requests to increase/decrease contributions
- Sickness monitoring and collation of return to work interviews and doctor’s certificates.
- Ensure the accurate, timely provision of salary data to our Payroll providers on a monthly basis advising them of any changes, joiners, leavers and pension amendments.
- Maintain segregation of payroll checks and authorisation payroll in liaison with the Director of Finance and Operations.
- Generating letters and relevant paperwork as directed by the Director of Finance and Operations
- Maintaining a cloud based digital HR files and paper copies where required.
The list of above duties is not exhaustive and the HR Advisor may be asked to carry out other duties as directed by the Director of Finance and Operations.
It’s an exciting time to join Wenta and to hit the ground running. Ideally you will have CIPD Membership alongside HR experience. You’ll be experienced at building and maintaining excellent relationships with small teams across a geographical area in Hertfordshire. You will have experience of managing and prioritising a busy workload. You will have excellent communication skills and able to communicate effectively at all levels as well as excellent written communication skills and an outstanding attention to detail.
Candidates are asked to submit:
- A covering letter in support of your application expressing your interest and why you think you would be particularly suited to the role
- A detailed CV
Please return these documents to Parvena Begum, HR and Operations Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 20th October 2021