Kickstart Scheme Registration Form
Working in partnership:
Wenta and the Bedfordshire Chamber of Commerce are working in partnership as an 'intermediary' for small businesses in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and North London to help them access the Government Kickstart Scheme. There are no fees or costs involved in using this service, and by using us as an intermediary, it means that you can have as little as 1 placement available and still take part in this scheme.
What is the Kickstart Scheme?
The Kickstart Scheme is a government initiative that provides funding to employers to create new 6-month job placements for young people who are currently on Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment. The scheme is part of the government's Plan for Jobs and aims to create many new, fully funded jobs across England. The first placements are likely to be available from November.
What will the funding cover?
- 100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week
- The associated employer National Insurance contributions
- The employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions
Further information on the Kickstart Scheme can be found here.
If you're a Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire or North London business, you can now register your interest for this scheme by completing the below application form and we will be in touch with instructions for the next stage once further details have been announced from DWP.
Before applying, please read the below eligibility requirements.
The Kickstart Scheme job placements must:
- Be for a period of 6 months
- Be for at least 25 hours per week (employers can pay for more hours)
- Be paying at least the National Minimum Wage through PAYE (employers can pay more if they wish to do so)
- Be paying the statutory employer duties for the health, safety and welfare for young people, National Insurance and pension contributions
- Include support for young people to help them get work after they finish their Kickstart Scheme job
- Not replace any existing or planned jobs
- Not cause existing employees or contractors to lose or reduce their employment